Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Out of Service

I messed up my lower back yesterday morning. I lifted up the whole Ski-Doo because its tracks were frozen into the ground. Even after I hurt my back, I had to keep doing lift after lift to pry the frozen track clear. Good to know I can do it. Good to know it will make tying my boot laces agony.

Was going to attempt some cargo sledding and maybe even log skidding today. No dice. Thank goodness for red Tiger Balm and yoga stretches.

I really have to watch out how I abuse my body. The laborious life is a hard life.

But you know what keeps me going? This great Portuguese guy, Joe, I knew in Toronto. 65 year old, worked construction on the big buildings, body of solid muscle. He said to me the secret: "Always think of yourself as young and strong and powerful". Thanks, Joe.

So that's what I keep saying to myself...


"...young, strong, powerful...young, strong, powerful...".

3 comments:

  1. You have my complete sympathy, Bill. Back pain really sucks. You may feel broken today, but only YOU possess the youth, strength and power to make that chapeau work. SUPERSTAR.

    Get well soon, and please take it easy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On an aesthetic level, yes.

    I trust you understand that the hat will not literally go out in the forest with the Metoboggan and gather wood for you.

    ReplyDelete