Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Skiddin' Back

After about a week on the sore back list, I jumped on the sled and zoomed over to ground zero. My simple back to work plan today was to attempt to skid the SunBurn dugout canoe to Ma Pocock's big house to do some more top secret canoe-making ancient temple super secret carving.

The SunBurn dugout skid chained to the back of the sled hitch.
This photo taken at the base of ground zero.


It worked! This first test of the sled's skidding ability is a resounding
success. It was great to see the stern of the canoe plow back
powder in its wake on the way to the big house. The canoe did
slip the chain once, but I was able to carry the lost canoe about
25 metres on my shoulder, back to chain with no problems.
Should've taken a picture of that!

Later I returned to the FMO for some ancient temple secret back stretching activities.


Here I am slowly sliding my major back muscles over a sapling rail.
Does the sledsuit make me look fat?


Onto loose torso twisting from side to side. Not as glamourous
as it looks, I find.


This is my mime routine 'inside the box'. Y'know what?
My back didn't hurt so much when I took the clogs off to stretch.
Sometimes, I just forget they're on.


Meanwhile, damp snow gear dries over the wood stove.


Brought the skis in and wondered what to do about my
'sticking snow' issue.


Then I composed haiku poetry for a while as I
meditated on the condition of my skis.


The ritual sacrifice of saplings to appease the sun, canoe,
lake, river, rapids, wind, and sky gods. Alas, I can
reveal to you no more of the ceremonial rites - whatever
those will turn out to be.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I can mail you some X-country ski wax, if it'll help get you moving.

    That "inside the box" image is a great self-portrait. Love it.

    hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete